This website presents a list of commercial and open source test management tools
A software test management tool is a software used by software quality assurance team to manage the tests that have been previously specified.
The main features that a test management tool should provide are:
* create and organize the test cases based on requirements like user stories or using a Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) approach
* schedule the executions of tests (manually or by a test execution tool)
* management of the test data
* run of the test cases and track results
* compute the test execution metrics
* measurement of software testing progress
* reporting the quality status of the software under tests
* integration with requirements management tools, functional software testing tools like Selenium or Cucumber, continuous integration tools like Jenkins or TeamCity and bug tracking tools like Bugzilla or Mantis
Test definition includes test plan where test cases are associated with product requirements. After execution (automatic or continuous integration or manual) of the test cases, the test results are stored and compared to expected results. Differences are examined and can lead to the opening of defects that should be removed from the software.
The most famous open source test management tools are Fitnesse, ITP, JTestCase, TestLink, Tarentula or StoryTeller. The best known commercial test management tools include HP Quality Center and Microsoft Test Manager. qTest by QASymphony is a powerful, easy to use test case management tool built for agile teams. qTest transforms the test case management process, helping teams get faster, more efficient and effective. Integrate with JIRA, bug trackers, automation tests and more. Try qTest free!